We are approaching the previously announced CBC webinar for perspectives on factors that SAIs should consider as they strive to remain value-adding, relevant institutions during and after the COVID-19 disruption.
Welcome to join the CBC on the 9th of June at 12:45 Central European Time – please use the link provided below to register – the webinar is open to anyone interested in the topics to be discussed. When you register you will also be able to submit a provisional question to panellists.
CBC webinar link: https://evolve.eventoptions.co.za/register/intosaicbc
When registering, please be patient when proceeding to the next registration-page if you have an old browser or slow internet connection – give it 20-30 seconds. However, it is always best to download the latest version of Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
Nota bene – When you register you will receive a confirmation-email that includes a link to your calendar to ensure you will have the correct time of the meeting according your own time zone. Also, once you have registered, the link for connecting to the webinar will be e-mailed to you closer to the time of the event.
We will be using the Cisco Webex platform.
- Kimi Makwetu, CBC Chair (Auditor-General of South Africa) – on SAI Relevance in time of COVID-19 and the importance of preventative controls
- Pamela Monroe-Ellis (Auditor-General of Jamaica, and CAROSAI Secretary-General) – on Rapid and real-time audits by SAIs during COVID-19
- Edward Olowo-Okere, Global Director, Governance Global Practice, World Bank – on A donors perspective on the valuable role that SAIs can play in strengthening transparency and accountability to prevent inefficient or inappropriate use of resources during COVID-19
- Einar Gørrissen, Director General, INTOSAI Development Initiative – on The importance for SAIs to ensure the ramping-up special skills during the COVID-19
- Helena Lindberg, CBC Vice Chair (Auditor-General of Sweden)
At the end of the presentations, there will be a Question & Answer session. The webinar will be recorded and made available on the CBC website for stakeholders who are unable to attend on the day.
Looking forward to your attendance!