About peer-to-peer cooperation
Peer-to-peer cooperation is the preferred mode of capacity development for a majority of SAIs. Long term peer-to-peer partnerships between SAIs build on common experiences, common missions and a common identity.
– Most importantly, they build on trust between colleagues.
About the workstream
As the CBC peer-to-peer worksteam we aim to be an active community of practice which will:
- Encourage and create opportunities for SAIs to share their experiences of peer-to-peer cooperation
- Identify the barriers to successful peer-to-peer exchanges and work with the CBC Secretariat to explore potential solutions
- Provide easy access to SAIs who are new to peer-to-peer work to speak to, and obtain advice from, more experienced SAIs
- Help SAIs understand the donor landscape and the types of opportunity that exist
- Encourage recipient SAIs with more developed capabilities to become providers to other SAIs in their region or locality (e.g. a ‘train the trainer’ approach)
- Connect with, and draw best practice from, other peer-to-peer support programs outside of the SAI world